Last modified on 23-Feb-24
As an Admin on your Soda Cloud account, integrate your Slack workspace in your Soda Cloud account so that Soda Cloud can interact with individuals and channels in the workspace. Use the Slack integration to:
- send notifications to Slack when a check result triggers an alert
- create a private channel whenever you open new incident to investigate a failed check result
- track Soda Discussions wherein your fellow Soda users collaborate on data quality checks
- In Soda Cloud, navigate to your avatar > Organization Settings, then navigate to the Integrations tab and click the + icon to add a new integration.
- Follow the guided steps to authorize Soda Cloud to connect to your Slack workspace. If necessary, contact your organization’s Slack Administrator to approve the integration with Soda Cloud.
- Configuration tab: select the public channels to which Soda can post messages; Soda cannot post to private channels.
- Scope tab: select the Soda features (alert notifications and/or incidents) which can access the Slack integration.
You can use this integration to enable Soda Cloud to send alert notifications to a Slack channel to notify your team of warn and fail check results.
With such an integration, Soda Cloud enables users to select a Slack channel as the destination for an alert notification of an individual check or checks that form a part of an agreement, or multiple checks.
To send notifications that apply to multiple checks, see Set notification rules.
You can use this integration to notify your team when a new incident has been created in Soda Cloud. With such an integration, Soda Cloud displays an external link to an incident-specific Slack channel in the Incident Details.
Refer to Incidents for more details about using incidents in Soda Cloud.
You can set a default Slack channel that Soda Cloud applies to all alert notifications. If you have not already set the default Slack channel when you initially set up the integration, you can edit it to set the default.
- In your Soda Cloud account, go to your avatar > Organization Settings.
- Go to the Integrations tab, then click the stacked dots to the right of the Slack integration. Select Edit Integration Settings.
- In the Slack Channels dialog, go to the Scope tab.
- Select a default Slack channel to which sends Soda Cloud notifications for all existing and new checks. Save for your changes to take effect.
- Set notification rules that apply to multiple checks in your account.
- Learn more about using Slack to collaborate on resolving Incidents.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
- Access a list of all integrations that Soda Cloud supports.
Was this documentation helpful?
What could we do to improve this page?
Documentation always applies to the latest version of Soda products
Last modified on 23-Feb-24