In Soda Cloud, you can define where and when to send alert notifications when check results warn or fail. You can define these parameters for:
- agreements as you create or edit them; see Create agreements
- multiple checks by defining notification rules; read on
- The ability to create alert notifications for individual checks is deprecated.
For example, you can define a notification rule to instruct Soda Cloud to send an alert to your #sales-engineering Slack channel whenever a data quality check on the
snowflake_sales data source fails.
- You have created a Soda Cloud account.
- (Optional) An Admin on your Soda Cloud account has integrated with Slack or another third-party service provider to enable Soda Cloud to send alert notifications to your team. If you do not integrate with another service-provider, Soda Cloud can send notifications via email.
By default, Soda Cloud establishes two notification rules on your Soda Cloud account by default. You can edit or delete these rules if you wish.
|Send all check alerts to the Check Owner||Soda Cloud sends all check results that fail or warn to the Soda Cloud user who created or owns an individual check.|
|Send all check alerts to the Dataset Owner||Soda Cloud sends all check results that fail or warn to the Soda Cloud user who created or owns the dataset to which the checks are associated.|
Refer to Data source, dataset, and check owners for details on resource ownership.
For a new rule, you define conditions for sending notifications including the severity of a check result and whom to notify when bad data triggers an alert.
In Soda Cloud, navigate to your avatar > Notification Rules, then click New Notification Rule. Follow the guided steps to complete the new rule. Use the sections below for insight into the values to enter in the fields and editing panels in the guided steps.
|Field or Label||Guidance|
|Name||Provide a unique identifier for your notification.|
|For||Select All Checks, or select Selected Checks to use conditions to identify specific checks to which you want the rule to apply. You can identify checks according to several attributes such as Data Source Name, Dataset Name, or Check Name.|
|Notify Recipient||Select the destination to which this rule sends its notifications. For example, you can send the rule’s notifications to a channel in Slack.|
|Notify About||Identify the notifications this rule sends based on the severity of the check result: warn, fail, or both.|
Navigate to your avatar > Notification Rules, then click the stacked dots at the right of a check and select Edit Notification Rule or Delete Notification Rule.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
- Learn more about SodaCL metrics and checks.
- Integrate your Soda Cloud account with your Slack workspace.
- Integrate your Soda Cloud account with a third-party tool using a webhook.
Was this documentation helpful?
What could we do to improve this page?
Last modified on 26-Jan-23