One of the main benefits of using Soda Cloud is the ability to collaborate with your teammates on the work to monitor and maintain data quality. Including multiple perspectives yields a more robust interpretation of “good quality data”.
- In Soda Cloud, navigate to your avatar > Organization Settings > Integrations, then follow the guided steps to authorize Soda Cloud to connect to your Slack workspace.
- Select the all Slack channels to which you might send notifications when Soda finds an issue with your data, then Save.
Invite the members of your team to join you in your work to monitor data quality in your organization.
In Soda Cloud, navigate to your avatar > Invite Team Members and fill in the blanks.
When your team members receive the invitation email, they can click the link in the email to create their own login credentials to access your Soda Cloud account directly. Refer to Default roles and groups to learn more about the default access rights Soda Cloud assigns to new users.
Note that if your organization uses a single sign-on (SSO) identity provider to access Soda Cloud, you cannot invite team members in Soda Cloud. Instead, contact your IT Admin to request access to Soda Cloud using your SSO. See also, Single Sign-on with Soda Cloud.
Collaborating as a team on Soda Cloud means you can quickly share the lastest test results for a dataset with others.
- In Soda Cloud, navigate to the Datasets dashboard, then select the dataset you wish to share.
- Copy the URL of the dataset, then paste it into a message to the teammates who have access to your organization’s Soda Cloud account.
Create an Incident in Soda Cloud to track your team’s investgation and resolution of the data quality issue.
If you have integrated your Soda Cloud account with a Slack workspace, you can use an Incident’s built-in ability to create an incident-specific Slack channel where you and your team can collaborate on the issue investigation.
- Connect Soda SQL to your Soda Cloud account.
- Create an alert to send Slack notifications when a scan surfaces a data issue.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Last modified on 18-Jan-22
Was this documentation helpful?
Share feedback in the #soda-docs channel in the Soda community on Slack.
Help improve our docs!