When you create monitors in Soda Cloud, you have the option of adding a Warning or Critical alert to notify you when a data quality test fails. You can respond to the notification by creating an Incident in Soda Cloud to track your team’s investigation and resolution of the data quality issue.
If you have integrated your Soda Cloud account with a Slack workspace, you can use an Incident’s built-in ability to create an incident-specific Slack channel where you and your team can collaborate on the issue investigation. When you resolve or close the incident, Soda archives the channel for future troubleshooting reference.
- You have installed Soda SQL in your environment.
- You have a Soda Cloud account and you have connected the account to an instance of Soda SQL.
- You have integrated a Slack workspace with your Soda Cloud account.
- Log in to your Soda Cloud account, then navigate to the Monitors dashboard.
- For the monitor result you wish to investigate, click the stacked dots at right, then select Create Incident. Provide a Title, Severity, and Description of your new incident, then save.
- In the Incident column of the monitor result, click the Incident link to access the Incident page where you can record the following details:
- Severity: Minor, Major, or Critical
- Status: Reported, Investigating, Fixing, Resolved
- Lead: a list of team members from whom you can assign the Lead Investigator role
- Click View Slack Channel to connect directly to a newly-created channel in your Slack workspace that is dedicated to the investigation and resolution of the Incident. Invite team members to the channel to collaborate on resolving the data quality issue that triggered the alert.
- As your team works through the investigation of an Incident, use the Incident’s Status field to keep track of your progress.
- In the Incidents dashboard, review all Incidents, their severity and status, and the assigned lead. Sort the list of Incidents by severity.
- From an Incident’s page, link other monitor results to the same Incident to expand the investigation landscape.
- Learn more about creating monitors and alerts.
- Examine failed rows for a monitor result.
- Collaborate with your team using a Single Sign-on IdP.
- Integrate Soda with your data catalogs or data pipeline tools.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Last modified on 18-Jan-22
Was this documentation helpful?
Share feedback in the #soda-docs channel in the Soda community on Slack.
Help improve our docs!