When you define checks in a checks YAML file and use Soda Core to run a scan, the check results manifest in the Checks Results table in Soda Cloud. Log in to view the Checks dashboard; each row in the Checks Results table represents the result of a check, and the icon indicates whether the test passed, warned, or failed.
Check results indicate whether check passed, warned, or failed during the scan. However, if a scan itself failed to complete successfully, Soda Cloud displays a warning message in the Datasets dashboard under the dataset for which scans have failed. Soda Cloud does not send an email or Slack notification when a scan fails, only when checks fail.
Soda Core use a secure API to connect to Soda Cloud. When it completes a scan, Soda Core:
- securely gains access to Soda Cloud
- pushes the results of any checks you configured in the checks YAML file to Soda Cloud
When you use Soda Core to run a scan, Soda Core sends the test reults to Soda Cloud where they manifest as rows in the Check Results table. If you wish to overwrite a check result, you can do so by running the scan again and overwriting the timestamp.
In Soda Core, use the
--data-timestamp option in your
soda scan command and provide a timestamp date in ISO8601 format, as in the following example.
soda scan -d adventureworks -t 2021-04-28T09:00:00+02:00 -c configuration.yml tables/orders.yml
See Add scan options for more scan options.
If you wish to run a scan immediately to see the check results for the checks you included in your agreement, you can run an ad hoc scan within the scan definition.
- In Soda Cloud, navigate to your avatar > Scans & Data, then access the Scan Definitions tab.
- In the list of scan definitions, click the one that you associated with the agreement you just defined.
- In the Scan Defintion page, click Run scan to immediately execute all agreements that use this scan definition.
- Learn more about Soda products in general and how the work together to establish and maintain data reliability.
- Learn How Soda Core works.
- Questions? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Was this documentation helpful?
What could we do to improve this page?
Last modified on 30-Sep-22