Using the information Soda Cloud discovered about your datasets during its first scan of your data, you can optionally instruct it to capture column metrics for individual datasets during the next scheduled scan. Enabling column metrics gives you at-a-glance information about your datasets in the Datasets dashboard and in the dataset’s Column tab, as in the images below.
A dataset’s Columns tab
- From the Datasets dashboard, open the dataset for which you want to enable column metrics.
- Click the link in the “Almost done!” banner, or click the gear icon on the right in the table header row.
- When prompted, check the box to Enable Column Metrics, then save. If you see a message that asks you to review time partitioning settings before enabling, click the link, then follow the instructions to review and set the time partitioning settings for the dataset.
During the next scheduled scan, Soda Cloud captures column metrics for each dataset and displays the information in the Dataset dashboard and in the dataset’s Column tab. Use the column metrics to help you make informed choices when you create a new monitor.
- Learn more about adding datasets to your Soda Cloud account.
- Create monitors and alerts in Soda Cloud.
- Learn how to adjust the scan schedule for individual datasets.
- Learn how to display sample data for individual datasets.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Last modified on 15-Sep-21