Using the information Soda SQL discovered about your datasets, you can optionally instruct it to capture and send column metrics to Soda Cloud for individual datasets during the next scan. Enabling column metrics gives you at-a-glance information about your datasets in the Datasets dashboard and in the dataset’s Column tab, as in the images below.
A dataset’s Columns tab
- If you are the Admin of the organization, or have a Manager or Editor role for the dataset, navigate to the Datasets dashboard, then open the dataset for which you want to enable column metrics.
- Click the gear icon on the right in the table header row in the Columns tab.
- When prompted, check the box to Enable Column Metrics, then save.
During the next scan of your dataset, Soda SQL captures and sends column metrics for each dataset to Soda Cloud where you can access the information in the Dataset dashboard and in the dataset’s Column tab. Use the column metrics to help you make informed choices when you create a new monitor.
- Create monitors and alerts in Soda Cloud.
- Learn how to display sample data for individual datasets.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Last modified on 26-Nov-21