Upgrade a Soda Agent
Last modified on 29-Mar-23
The Soda Agent is a Helm chart that you deploy on a Kubernetes cluster and connect to your Soda Cloud account using API keys.
To take advantage of new or improved features and functionality in the Soda Agent, you can upgrade your agent when a new version becomes available in ArtifactHub.io.
- If you regularly access multiple clusters, you must ensure that are first accessing the cluster which contains your deployed Soda Agent. Use the following command to determine which cluster you are accessing.
kubectl config get-contexts
If you must switch contexts to access a different cluster, copy the name of cluster you wish to use, then run the following command.
kubectl config use-context <name of cluster>
- To upgrade the agent, you must know the values for:
- namespace - the namespace you created, and into which you deployed the Soda Agent
- release - the name of the instance of a helm chart that is running in your Kubernetes cluster
- API keys - the values Soda Cloud created which you used to run the agent application in the cluster
Access the first three values by running the following command.
NAME NAMESPACE REVISION UPDATED STATUS CHART APP VERSION soda-agent soda-agent 5 2023-01-20 11:55:49.387634 -0800 PST deployed soda-agent-0.8.26 Soda_Core_3.0.21
- Access the API key values by running the following command, replacing the placeholder values with your own details.
helm get values -n <namespace> <release name>
From the output above, the command to use is:
helm get values -n soda-agent soda-agent
- Use the following command to search ArifactHub for the most recent version of the Soda Agent Helm chart.
helm search hub soda-agent
- Use the following command to upgrade the Helm repository.
helm repo update
- Upgrade the Soda Agent Helm chart. The value for the chart argument can be a chart reference such as
example/agent, a path to a chart directory, a packaged chart, or a URL. To upgrade the agent, Soda uses a chart reference:
helm upgrade <release> <chart> --set soda.apikey.id=*** \ --set soda.apikey.secret=****
From the output above, the command to use is
helm upgrade soda-agent soda-agent/soda-agent \ --set soda.apikey.id=*** \ --set soda.apikey.secret=****
OR, if you use a values YAML file,
helm upgrade soda-agent soda-agent/soda-agent \ --values values-local.yml --namespace soda-agent
- Access instructions for how to deploy a Soda Agent.
- Learn the Soda Agent basics.
- Need help? Join the Soda community on Slack.
Was this documentation helpful?
What could we do to improve this page?
- Suggest a docs change in GitHub.
- Share feedback in the Soda community on Slack.
Last modified on 29-Mar-23